I wanted to share something I wrote recently, when I was asked to put together a list of ten lessons I’ve learned while studying and teaching the game.
I think the following may be useful to many of you doing the Stylelife Challenge or otherwise learning this stuff, and may cut down some of your learning time. For those of you who’ve only read Emergency, this may be a little less useful. Though it is most certainly a survival skill.
Some of these ideas we’ve discussed before. Some we haven’t. So here they are, plus one extra lesson I just added just now.
Eleven Pick Up Epiphanies
- What you look like doesn’t matter. But how you present yourself does.
- Nobody is judging you. They’re too busy worrying about what you think of them. So instead of seeking her approval, give her yours. Then take it away. Then give it to her again. This is called flirting.
- Women do actually like nice guys. They just don’t like weak guys. So you can still be nice. But you must also be confident–in yourself, your opinions, and your worthiness and value in the world. In order for a woman to be with you, she needs to feel safe with you.
- It’s not enough to just be yourself. You must be your best self.
- There’s a thin but important line between being horny and being sexual. A horny man hits on a woman before she’s attracted to him. A sexual man waits until she’s attracted to him.
- Just because you’re interacting doesn’t mean you’re attracting. Learn to recognize the difference between politeness and interest.
- To win the heart of a woman, you often have to be willing to risk losing her.
- When a girl who you went on a date with in the past and who suddenly disappeared on you calls out of the blue, it generally means one thing – so call back right away before she finds someone else to be with that night.
- Always call a woman the day after sleeping with her and make her feel good about having let go with you–even if you don’t want to see her again or she doesn’t want to see you again. Don’t ruin her for other guys.
- Don’t look to your friends or family for approval as you learn the game. They may like you just the way you are, but not always for the right reasons. With some “friends,” this is because when you start looking better, feeling more confident, and succeeding more than they do, you often end up reminding them of their own inadequacies and lack of growth.
- Finally, to quote the wisdom of Canadian hockey player Wayne Gretzky, “You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.” So simply by approaching a woman and saying something, no matter how badly you may bumble, you’ve dramatically increased your odds of being with her.
Hope this is helpful to some of you.
P.S. On an unrelated note, someone recently sent me a link to a series of experiments that provide further evidence of the concept of social proof we often discuss:
Evidently, a team of scientists exposed female mice to odors of either a male mouse alone or a male mouse with a female. And the females consistently preferred the scent of males linked to other females. “Our data suggest that female mice may use, or even copy, the interests of other females based on olfactory cues,” said one of the scientists. “It could also be seen as a female trusting the mate choice of another female.”
So, obviously, the message is, rub a female mouse on you before going out. It’ll work. Science has proven it.